Samsung S6 Overheating While Charging

A

AC Question

I have resently dropped my samsung s6 is some water, and quickly put it in to a bag of rice. The display works and turns on, but I try to charge the phone, it says that it is over heating and cannot charge.

Do I need to replace my phone, or battery?
If not is there something I can do?

splinternet

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Same here. Mine powers on OK but after a few minutes it won't start any apps tho' I can still make and receive calls. I get msgs that the battery temperature is too high, and it won't charge. Is it just the battery that's the problem here or the internals of the phone too? Is a new battery likely to resolve the problem?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Same here. Mine powers on OK but after a few minutes it won't start any apps tho' I can still make and receive calls. I get msgs that the battery temperature is too high, and it won't charge. Is it just the battery that's the problem here or the internals of the phone too? Is a new battery likely to resolve the problem?

Welcome. :)

Alas, if the phone got wet, the outlook is not good:
[GUIDE] Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=477140

splinternet

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Well, well. The phone suddenly didn't reject charging last night so I left it plugged in overnight and awoke to find the battery at 100%. No more overheating messages, all apps running as normal. Have I got away with it?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana