Shorted charging port

freyon77

Apr 16, 2024
Visit site
Samsung, after contact with fresh water, failed the moisture sensor allowing charging the port that apparently was not dry. After connecting the charger, the charging animation quickly reset as if it had about 2 fps. After disconnecting the charger normally the port already detected moisture. It took about 7 seconds to charge this wet port. Now I have ghost touch after plugging in the cable only when the battery is charging being below 50%. Phone at a loss but I'm curious as to what could have been dropped. And no water did not get inside. The device is a few days old and is sealed.

freyon77

Apr 16, 2024
Visit site
I had same issue on my previous phone but in that case the phone lasted 3 years without corrosion, but these ghost touch here worries me

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's possible that the water damage is causing problems with how the charging current is being regulated. This might be setting up abnormal electromagnetic fields, which can affect the capacitative screen, thus resulting in ghost touches. Not sure what else you can do besides bring it to a repair shop. Sorry!

freyon77

Apr 16, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's possible that the water damage is causing problems with how the charging current is being regulated. This might be setting up abnormal electromagnetic fields, which can affect the capacitative screen, thus resulting in ghost touches. Not sure what else you can do besides bring it to a repair shop. Sorry!
This is an interesting theory, today I will still unload it and charge it with some paint open to rule out that the gt is not some bug in the application I use.

Generally now I feel like taking some old samsung waterproof and flooding it with water while charging. Could it be that the software is so stupid that it can't cut off charging while charging ? Well because that's what happened here, the usb was dry but the charger pushed the water awkwardly from the frame from inside while placing in the port. Anyway thanks for your help :)

Reactions: B. Diddy

freyon77

Apr 16, 2024
Visit site
Okay, i left phone charging with screen test app opened and nothing happened. So not sure it was just bug in app i used (especially because there was storm outside and app rely on network (app closed screens like pressing back button). I will test phone over days and if in week nothing will happen stop charging etc. Then I think the phone will survive like my old (wet charged due to bug) a72 (i still cant believe its pins are not corroded after 3 years)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC