Why can't I turn off location services?

A

AC Question

Hi there.

I have a Galaxy S5 for some time now and I usually keep the location services turned off. I only turn it on when I need driving directions from google maps.

Something stange has happened recently, I can't turn off the location settings off. For example: I go to settings, select connections, tap on location. In the new screen, in the top right corner is a slide bar to turn locations on or off. It is in the on position, and when I slide it to the left, to turn it off, it immediately slides back to the right and I can't urn locations back off.

I should also mention, that under locating method, "power saving" is grayed out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.: The only recent change to my phone was that I installed the latest version of Skype, which I have now uninsalled. But it didn't solve my problem.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
May be some app keeping it turned on. Perhaps a security setting that finds you stolen phone. Have a wonder through the application manager and permissions and see if some app has it locked... Google settings may be a good place start..