Where do i find the clip tray in an lg android phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

Trying to find clip tray so i can clear it out, also trying to finf out how to copy and paste something thats in there to facebook. Pls help

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The Clipboard on an Android device is an area of storage or memory to which small items can be saved. It is not an app and it cannot therefore be opened or directly accessed. Items saved to it are retrieved by long-pressing a blank area of a text field, say, and tapping Paste. Some phones will save only one item to Clipboard, which is overwritten and lost if a second item is saved. Other phones will save up to ten items, the desired one being selectable from a list before Pasting.

If you wish to take the functions of Clipboard to another level, enter 'Clipboard' in the Play Store search box and peruse the results.

More important items are best saved to less ephemeral storage than Clipboard.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You don't. When you cut or copy something, it goes to a specially set aside area of RAM called "the clipboard". It's just like any other area of RAM, but no other app uses it. When you paste something, what's in there gets pasted. If you cut or copy something else, what was in there gets replaced.

If you want something more manageable, use something like Clipper - Clipboard Manager. (It doesn't use the clipboard, it keeps the data in its own space.

You can't "clear" the clipboard "out" other than copying a small blank space to it.

To copy, look for the Copy symbol, a square with 4 little squares inside it. To past, look for the two pages, one overlaying the other, or long-press in a text box when you've copied something.

TigerRobot

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
I actually just emptied mine by clicking and holding in the URL field (can be done in any text field) selecting "more options" (three stacked dots on the right) and then selecting "clip tray". I was then able to select whichever copies I wanted to and clear them. This phone is nothing special either. Just an LG Phoenix 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12