Activating own device

Jims S5

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
I have an unlocked T mobile Tab S and wanted to get sim from my carrier, Verizon. They want 40 bucks to activate!

Looks like I can do it online but wanted to make sure. I also was worried Verizon would load it with bloat ware when activating?

Is this something I should be able to do online. And where does the T mobile unlock code get entered? Thanks.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If you bought it from T-mobile, it's very likely it doesn't have the hardware to support Verizon. What is the exact model number (found in the about screen in settings). That will help to identify what the hardware setup is.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Here's the spec sheet for that device:
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE - Full tablet specifications

Here's a site that shows what bands/frequencies each network uses:
Cheat sheet: which 4G LTE bands do AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint use in the USA?

I'm not really sure exactly how to decipher that information into "it will work/it won't work" so I'll let you draw your own conclusions or someone else might be able to help with that part. When searching Google for that model, I start seeing results that indicate there were different versions for different carriers (there is the T model you have as well as an A and a V that all come up), this would indicate the model may be carrier-specific to an extent.

Jims S5

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
When the Verizon rep had a page up in settings it showed 2 options. I noticed it was ticked for CDMA but it showed something in front of it like
WCDMA and the other option not selected was GSM. That letter seemed to show my Tab S does not have the correct antenna? Or something like that.

Jims S5

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Anyone use that Verizon hotspot device? I can get for free. And pay a month then suspend the line until needed. Was just thinking to use the network when camping and WiFi not in reach. Any reason to not use my S5 for that by chance?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463