Why is my system taking so much space?

A

AC Question

In the last two weeks I've changed a few roms,and now i see that from 16 gbs of memory i only have 11 avaible(that's what the system says) . I installed space manager from play store and it says that my system is taking 10 gbs ,and i have accessible another 10 gbs of space, but i only got ~15 gbs.. WTF? Why can it happen this?

alecs alex

May 26, 2016
Visit site
oh and i have another question: why my total memory is divided in two? i mean i can only install apps that have a total of 3 gbs because my phone limits me... i don't really know how to explain it. I have like 6 gbs available, but the space dedicated to apps it's limited to 3gbs, and it's really annoying because i don't have a microSD slot

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Storage (not memory - that's not divided at all) is divided into at least 4 parts - download, recovery, system and userdata. Some manufacturers give you as much userdata as possible, with the result that the phone can only get one update (or no updates), some give you plenty of space for updates, but relatively little space for apps and data. (Allview is an off-brand that there's no information on, so I'm guessing that you have at least 10GB partitioned for the system - you can't increase that even if you delete the entire ROM.)