Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo - adjust custom ringtone frequency?

A

AC Question

I had a custom ringtone on my older phone which worked pretty well there; the sound looped with less than a second of interval. I transferred that sound file to my current one, Galaxy S5 Neo. I can use it now as well, but the problem is the sound clip is played too infrequently when getting called. Now there's a good ~2 second interval before the sound plays again. Is there any way reduce that delay?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Use Ringtone Maker to chop out all the blank space (and save it as another file - if it's called ringtone.mp3, save it as ringtone1.mp3, so you don't overwrite the original). If there's no blank space and there's still a gap, you'll have to make the ringtone longer, to fill the gap. (Copy a piece, then paste it to the end.)

dankmere

May 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm the OP here. I don't understand why this needs to be used on the ringtone. Shouldn't the ringtone simply repeat at the end of the sound clip? That's how every other ring tone works. This sound file doesn't even have even a big enough gap to cause the interval that happens. Plus, more importantly, if I make the sound clip longer to fill the gap, it won't loop properly with respect to the interval.

EDIT: Looking around, it might have to do with the sound format/extension. The file I have is mp3. What is the format of the ring tones provided?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non