How do I remove a Google account w/o using Settings?

A

AC Question

I have a problem since my phone updated that whenever I try open Settings>Accounts and press "Google" under the "My accounts header" to try to remove my Google account from the phone, I get an error that says "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped." That's fine, I don't really care. I just want this phone unlinked from my Google account, how can I do that?

I've also been trying to save my contacts to something other than a Google or Samsung account, I can't do that either and until I can, I can't factory reset my phone to fix the Settings problem.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Second, totally unlinking a phone from Google eliminates a lot of the functions you probably need. iPhones are linked to Apple, Android phones are linked to Google.

jecilop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
@Rukbat,

You only need the account if you are using things related to it.
If you have multiple accounts and no longer need to access one (for example, just email and the calendar of another account), then you access the accounts this way to remove from the phone.

Right now, this cannot be accessed to remove or choose only parts of accounts to sync. It's "Stops working" when you try.