FSOLVED. Computer not recognize Galaxy S5 when connected via usb. Marshmallow update issue?

A

AC Question

I don't know if not being able to access my Galaxy S5 on my computer had anything to do with updating to Marshmallow (yesterday) or not, but I think it did. I also tried to access my cell phone through the Samsung Kies 3 software that I use to do backups, etc. and it said something about my device had to be unlocked and I wasn't able to open the program. What fixed this for me and allowed me to access my phone and open the Kies software was, make sure plugged into computer via usb then go to Developer Options in Settings on your Galaxy and select USB configuration and then select MTP (Media Transfer Protocol). It was set to "Charging". If you don't see Developer Options you may have to enable it by ...I think... going to Settings and then About Phone and clicking on Build number a bunch of times. Hopes this helps someone.

redclaaat

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
This worked for me, thanks!

To access Developer Option on S5 with marshmellow you have to hit the "build number" three times and then it pops up in the menu list.

I have to access the developer option every time I need to access the card.

embe8ch

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
SOLVES THE ISSUE!! Thank you for posting all this information. I thought my phone or my pc suddenly went crazy and I couldn't figure out why my PC could not find the files in my phone (WIN7 and WIN8).;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae