'Data usage' missing in settings menu on Wi-Fi only tablet

A

AC Question

I have a Huawei Wi-Fi only tablet. According to 'about tablet' in settings, it is a T1 7.0. I read elsewhere that it is probably a mediapad, but that is not explicitly stated within the device or on it.

Recently I was abroad and used my phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot, accessing the internet from my tablet though Wi-Fi to the phone.

In order to save roaming costs I deactivated auto sync for the Google app on the tablet, which I use for many functions (mail, contacts, calendar, and unfortunately a lot of useless features, as it comes as a package).

Now I want to enable Google autosync again. But there is nowhere to do so.

Several threads tell me to find the function under settings > wireless and networks > data settings. But I don't have that menu. When I hit 'more', I just get the airplane mid switch and the vpn submenu.

Of course I searched through all likely menu points, but I don't find it. It is not possible in Accounts > Google either.

I don't know if I can attach images here, but well do it if possible.

caspu

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
I did that, but as mentioned, there is no option to re-enable auto sync under the Accounts > Google submenu.

It states my Google account ID, and below in small letters: 'Auto-sync off'.

When I tap that, I get a list of all the subfunctions: Sync App Data, Sync Calendar, Sync Chrome, Sync Contacts etc.

Under each of them it says in small letters: 'Auto-sync off, touch to sync'.

When tapping on these, I can make them sync at request, but not enable auto-sync. There is also a 'Sync now' symbol at the bottom of the list, but it will also just sync them all on request, not enable auto-sync.

Then there is the option to remove the account which might be a solution, but then all my Google info is deleted, presumably including the Cal events and contacts I added since the last sync - so these would be lost.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. When you go to settings - accounts there should be an overflow menu (three dots top right) to switch auto-sync on and off. Do you get this option?

caspu

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your help.

I solved it by downloading the Google Calendar app (until this I used another Calendar app).

After installing it, the autosync on/off sliders appeared again for all functions in the submenu Accounts > Google > xxx@gmail.com.

So there must have been a bug before as these buttons were missing. :)