considering a switch to android

A

AC Question

I've been really impressed with how well google understands me when I use the google app on my iphone. I still have trouble getting Siri to understand simple stuff like setting timers. I have a redneck accent but if google can understand me there's no reason Siri shouldn't either. that's not enough to make me switch though. Then I find out today there's a strong possibility apple is removing the headphone jack on its upcoming iphone. between that and siri and the apple maps debacle and the fact that I already use chrome on my mac for internet browsing has me eying android and a possible switch.

I know very little about android though and there's no apple store equivalent as far as I know to help with the transition nor help me sort through the dozens of phones out there.

I'm leaning toward a galaxy S7 or a nexus 6P. the former because I've heard of them and the later because it looks like that's google's own phone and no bloatware.

I'm no tech geek so I don't want to have to root my phone. I just want one that works out of the box with an easy setup, and to figure out how to get my itunes and ibooks and movies and such on it. and which phones to look into. I want one with an awesome camera, lots of storage space, little to no bloatware, nice big screen, and long battery life. and one that gets android updates regularly. and a headphone jack. LOL

I know there's lots of info out there and on this site to but to speed things along any pointers and tips and advice is helpful. at least narrow down the list of phones to research and apps to look into for syncing the device with my mac. Thanks!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I've been really impressed with how well google understands me when I use the google app on my iphone. I still have trouble getting Siri to understand simple stuff like setting timers. I have a redneck accent but if google can understand me there's no reason Siri shouldn't either. that's not enough to make me switch though. Then I find out today there's a strong possibility apple is removing the headphone jack on its upcoming iphone. between that and siri and the apple maps debacle and the fact that I already use chrome on my mac for internet browsing has me eying android and a possible switch.

I know very little about android though and there's no apple store equivalent as far as I know to help with the transition nor help me sort through the dozens of phones out there.

I'm leaning toward a galaxy S7 or a nexus 6P. the former because I've heard of them and the later because it looks like that's google's own phone and no bloatware.

I'm no tech geek so I don't want to have to root my phone. I just want one that works out of the box with an easy setup, and to figure out how to get my itunes and ibooks and movies and such on it. and which phones to look into. I want one with an awesome camera, lots of storage space, little to no bloatware, nice big screen, and long battery life. and one that gets android updates regularly. and a headphone jack. LOL

I know there's lots of info out there and on this site to but to speed things along any pointers and tips and advice is helpful. at least narrow down the list of phones to research and apps to look into for syncing the device with my mac. Thanks!

Welcome to Android Central!

This is a big decision to make. I would definitely go to a store and check out the phones in person. You should be able to go to Bestbuy and see the Nexus 6P. If you are looking for something that gets all the updates and has the least amount of bloatware I would recommend the Nexus 6P. Samsung has been doing a great job so far with updates for the S7 and S7 Edge but who knows how long they will keep it up. Going with a pure Android experience would be the best bet when switching from the iPhone in my opinion. I have had both phones and they are both great, you may get overwhelmed with the S7 Edge or S7 software since you are not use to it. I personally prefer the Samsung devices but I have been using them for a long time so I like how they are set up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma