How can I stop random apps from being downloaded and installed on my S7

A

AC Question

I have a S7 through ATT and I am always receiving random apps installed on my phone. I did not look for these apps, do not want these apps, and once they are on the phone they are impossible to remove. I just had the Hancom Office 2014 installed on my phone. When I go to remove it I am only given the option to disable or force stop the app. If I click disable, I get the message Do I want to replace the app with the factory app... NO...I did not the app in the first place. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you primarily referring to Hancom, or are there other apps as well? Hancom is preinstalled on a lot of Samsung devices. With preinstalled apps, you can uninstall updates, but you can't completely remove them unless you root the phone. You could go to the App Manager and Disable the app, which will at least prevent it from updating automatically.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
When Samsung automatically updates their apps the notification says the app was installed, when in fact it was only updated. It's very confusing because it makes it look like Samsung just installed an app.
You should be able to go to the Galaxy app store and disable automatic updates.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall