08-26-2018 03:10 PM
35 12
tools Reply
    so the other day I dropped my S7 edge and damaged my volume down button causing it to be permanently pressed in.
    after my battery died my phone booted back up into "safe mode".
    After a little research I found out that "safe mode" is activated by the phone booting up with the volume down button being held in. now my problem is that obviously I can't disable this "safe mode" because it requires a phone re-boot and will just boot back into safe mode again.

is there a way I can disable my volume down button or boot without it going into safe mode? my button is defiantly broken and wont come un-stuck.
    07-16-2016 11:19 AM
    Welcome to AC!
    That's some bad luck,dude.
    Try to take 2 pins and get the button out. Or just take it to your local samsung repair shop
    http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/...p<br /> <br />
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-16-2016 11:23 AM
    I have the same problem with my s7 edge. If you have found a solution please helpe me. Thank you
    08-23-2016 01:20 PM
    I had this problem, my solution was to break off the volume key. Bit extreme but it worked lol
    10-06-2016 03:11 PM
    Just had the same issue. Removed volume key and fixed. Can be turned down on screen so no major deal.
    12-18-2016 12:26 AM
    HOW do you remove the volume key? I cannot get it unstuck. Tried using needle to no avail. This is sooo irritating, as my phone is new and none of my downloaded apps can be used. Can anyone tell me why this is is such an issue and whether Samsung plans to repair for us?
    12-27-2016 08:21 PM
    how do you remove the volume button on the s7 edge?
    01-18-2017 07:46 PM
    so the other day I dropped my S7 edge and damaged my volume down button causing it to be permanently pressed in.
    after my battery died my phone booted back up into "safe mode".
    After a little research I found out that "safe mode" is activated by the phone booting up with the volume down button being held in. now my problem is that obviously I can't disable this "safe mode" because it requires a phone re-boot and will just boot back into safe mode again.

is there a way I can disable my volume down button or boot without it going into safe mode? my button is defiantly broken and wont come un-stuck.
    I have just had the same problem a simple fix i just discovered was by holding the volume up button down hold the power key and restart keep hold of the volume up key untill fully rebooted and will not start in safe mode, hope this helps
    01-20-2017 01:48 PM
    I have the same issue and Samsung's service centre is charging 70% of the phone price since display has to be changed if volume button is dameged.
    the spare parts is not avaialble and i'm waiting for 1 month................
    01-23-2017 08:23 PM
    I tried but still stuck at safe mode. samsung service centre asks $350
    01-27-2017 09:05 PM
    I had the same problem and I solved it by using the tweezer the women use for their eyebrows and pull out the volume down button easily , then restart the phone and the safe mode will be gone,, then put the volume down button back again ... good luck from palestine
    02-10-2017 11:44 AM
    By the way samsung Is a big fat liar ,, the buttons are not connected to the mother board they just want the people to pay money
    02-10-2017 11:56 AM
    By the way samsung Is a big fat liar ,, the buttons are not connected to the mother board they just want the people to pay money
    use a straight pin and pry up on the down volume button. once you believe that you have got the button up restart your phone. it worked for me.
    03-30-2017 11:33 PM
    I used a nail clipper to remove the button; it works now! Grip and rip!
    04-03-2017 04:38 AM
    Same problem here dropped my phone and now it's stuck in safe mode as volume down key is stuck
    04-18-2017 06:32 AM
    I had this problem 2 months asked samsung said 350 euro ofc. Today i used the thing for the eyebrows too removed the Button carefully(not all) and put it back inside and now it works lul
    belodion likes this.
    04-18-2017 01:52 PM
    Thanks everyone for their post. The only problem is changing the volume buttons, but that's a tedious task again because unlike other phone you cant remove the back case with screws and remove it. We need to remove the display, removing so probability of damaging the display is very high without using non profession tools since we need hot air gun.

***Warning try at your own risk***

Remove the volume button.

Tools required

1) Needle pin
    2) screwdriver

Once removed use your screwdriver to press and strike on it remove the above layer till it peels off. See that you don't press too hard. Switch on the phone and if still if it boots in safe mode repeat the above procedure. Once you switch on and if its normal switch off put the button again. In my case I found that my volume down button started working after that. If you cant put the button again try to adjust with screwdrivers and push it. Still if you can't don't stress the phone too much and use software for volume up and down.
    04-25-2017 10:13 AM
    I had this problem, I took out the volume keys, but safe mode continues to stay on after reboot. It also isn't software related. Does anyone have any ideas as to wha f2ff I should do?
    06-05-2017 11:06 AM
    I have the exact same problem except, my volume button isn't stuck. It's not working at all. I factory reset my phone I've done everything. It boots back into safe mode every time. The volume button I've taken out still in safe mode. Idk what's happening please help.
    Hossam_his likes this.
    06-07-2017 09:41 PM
    Sprayed Volume buttons with Electrical contact cleaner and the worked for me
    06-21-2017 05:39 PM
    I have the same issue and Samsung's service centre is charging 70% of the phone price since display has to be changed if volume button is dameged.
    the spare parts is not avaialble and i'm waiting for 1 month................
    Well need share my experience and it helps me .. mine was also stuck in sage mode because my s7edge fell at the gym . I go to samsung office telling me I need to pay 300euro almost the phone price. I was angry I got home used pin to bring out the down volume but was stuck so I got a knife (lol) I gently tap it up from the edges of the down volume key and I remove it completely while I get my phone off safe mode and after I fixed the down key myself .now is working perfectly with no issues anymore...
    07-08-2017 05:05 AM
    SOLUTION!!!!!

Hi guys. I had the same problem and read all your suggestions. Before using pins and nail clippers I checked YouTube. This video worked 100% and my once stuck volume button is now fully functional for free. Samsung also wanted to charge me $350.

Here is the link that worked for me:

Good luck!
    08-26-2017 11:00 AM
    Great find, Herbvila. Just one comment on what he said - getting alcohol inside the phone won't do any harm. In fact, if there's any condensation in the phone, alcohol will absorb it (then evaporate and take the water with it). It's how you treat a wet phone. So do it with the button up and let the alcohol get into the phone if it does (with the phone turned off, of course). Alcohol, whatever it looks and feels like, isn't water with something dissolved in it - it's a drying agent.
    08-26-2017 12:36 PM
    did you solve your problem?? .. coz actually I have the same issue
    09-29-2017 07:38 PM
    SOLUTION (S)

OK so I had the same problem with my volume down key. My first thought was that it had some type of dirt whatever causing it to stick. So obviously needed to remove the button. After reading a few of the posts in this blog I realized using a pin should work and it did. The trick is to push the button down on one side so the other edge sticks out further and you can get the needle in their (the button is like a fulcrum or see-saw for those not familiar with a fulcrum) then you just pick it out with a bit of force. Don't be afraid to give it some muscle. It is not connected to anything it just snaps in and out. I did see some dirt and cleaned it out and nothing happened, then I tried switching the volume buttons (up with down and down with up) and up still worked and bottom still did not. That told me that it was not the button and something in the button housing. After looking closely under a light I realized that something had impacted my phone on the middle side of the button causing the casing around the housing to dent which in turn was causing the housing to pinch the button causing it to stick. After trying to bend it back into place to no avail I took a razor knife and cut the plastic where the bump was causing the housing to again be smooth. I pressed the button back into place and my phone is now back to working properly. I believe my problem to be on the extreme end of problems that could be causing a volume button to fix so if you have a stuck button my suggestion is to start by pulling it out, cleaning it, then cleaning the housing (use pressurized air not water!) If that doesn't work then you probably have something similar to the issue I had and you will need to look closely to determine if your phone case is bent by the button housing causing it to pinch the
    belodion likes this.
    11-20-2017 11:31 AM
35 12