Galaxy S6 - Charging & Repair problem

A

AC Question

I've bought the Galaxy S6 last year in Russia, where I've been living.

I've dropped my phone in a pool of water accidentally, and got it completely submerged. I've put it in a rice bag for 3 days and thankfully it would turn on. So I got it booted up, and everything seems to work fine - the screen, audio, the fingerprint sensor, etc. However I've noticed that there is a problem with charging.

The Galaxy S6 would charge for a few seconds, and it would stop charging (even when connected to the charger, which is, the original charger the phone came with.), and it would charge again. Basically, the charging would turn on, off, on ,off.

Also, the time that the phone charges is significantly less than the time it stays uncharged - therefore my device charges in a very slow rate.

So I've brought it to the nearest Samsung repair centre here in the UK, where I now live. And they have told me that they are unable to fix the phone or replace any of its components as it was bought in Russia, and was made elsewhere where the components used would be different. They have't done any inspection, FYI.

I've considered the wireless charger option, but I am hesitant as I am not sure if my device would be able to charge wirelessly after the submersion.

Is there any way I can get this phone fixed in the UK?
Are the components really different - all I probably need is a replacement charging port.
Would the wireless charger be a considerable option?
Tips to save battery?

Thanks for reading all of this and sorry if I said too much - wanted to give a detailed explanation.
Please help. It's really painful to watch my sister play Pokemon Go when I can't :(

David

David H6

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks! It's nice to have someone helping me.
To answer your question, no. I haven't. I figured that if the official Samsung service centres couldn't provide the component, independent repair shops would't be able to as well.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It might also be some sort of policy for Samsung service centers (i.e., not working on devices intended for other countries). Independent shops might have more incentive to look for the proper parts or resources.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38