My Galaxy S6 recently started showing texts that I send under the wrong contact/conversation. Only the correct person receives my message...its just filed and displayed wrong.

If I view the individual message details, it shows correct number...and the erroneous contact shows their right number. If I receive a message back from the person I'm texting, their response shows under the wrong conversation too.

For example. I send a text to John, it goes to John but shows under Ted's conversation. John responds...it shows under Teds conversation. At this point, if I respond from Teds conversation....it goes to Ted and not John. Very confusing and frustrating.

I've verified numbers in contacts, made sure their are no linked contacts, and that the numbers are not similar. I've even tried switching apps from the standard messaging app to Go SMS Pro. No change.

Any ideas? This just started two days ago. I'm an experienced Android user, as that's all I've ever owned since the days of my Motorola Razor.

Thanks!
    08-09-2016 11:18 PM
    Did you ever find a fox for this problem? I started having a very similar issues last week.
    08-05-2017 08:06 AM