I desperately want to turn the camera shutter sound off: Android ZTE (SEND HELP)

A

AC Question

Ive been scouring the internet this morning trying to find a solution to what is becoming a very frustrating problem. I have Walmart's Android ZTE, Its model number is z820, and its running version 5.1. I can provide any other info y'all might need but without the funds to buy Tasker, I can't seem to fix this myself or find much of anything on the internet in the way of help or explaining. All I want is for the shutter sound to GO AWAY. Temporarily preferred but not required. I'm hesitant about rooting my phone so there's that. I believe my roommate has everything I'd need to do that downloaded onto my computer but that'd be a lot of work for the one LITTLE thing I want done. No, silent mode does nothing for the camera and it's reeeeally awkward in public.

movingforward2201

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Hey, I'm the original poster. The thread you're linking to is from 2012--Also, Tasker is not a free app and I've tried a handful of free apps claiming that they work similarly to Tasker and they do not allow direct code edits/file edits etc. If you know of an app that I can use almost exactly like Tasker or a way to do this manually, please reply below. This is a fairly new phone.

GRIMWALD

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Your manual shows an option to change the shutter tone, is there not an option to have no tone?
If not, there may be a free camera app in the Google Play Store, that will give you more option.

GRIM