New Galaxy Note 7 ... unable to install Mobile@Work

A

AC Question

Just got the new Note 7 and I'm trying to install Mobile@Work to use for my company's BYOMD program. The application won't install from the app store. Keep getting error message that states: "Your company has set up a work profile. To continue using Mobile@work, please use the badge version installed on your device."
My work tech support says to call Samsung. Samsung says to call Google. Google says to call MobileIron. MobileIron says to call my work tech support.
Its a personal phone with no work related stuff on it, so they have nothing to do with it. Can anyone help?a

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm saying your work tech people are a bunch of lazy guys. They were the ones who setup the system, hence they are the ones who can fix the issue, not Samsung, Google, or whoever Mobileron is. If there is a need to tweak any setting on the phone to make it work, they're the ones who should know what setting because they created the setup in the first place.

N0117859

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
They didnt set it up. The next step is to open the Mobile@Work app and input the company security info, but if the app won't install on the phone there is no way to input the company info.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
They set it up with Mobilework. The error says that your company already has a setup profile.

They would likely have an installer of the app itself, or you can contact the devs to send you an apk.

d2k1323

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same issue. I factory reset my Note 7 and it solved the issue. Seems like something in the initial setup of the Note 7 is preventing the mobileiron app from working properly.

Linux Kbase

Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
On latest Redmi (4x), activating second space solved this issue. My guess is that Miui devices may behave similarly, because they also share this BYOD friendly feature.

Last edited:

nraja1

Sep 12, 2018
Visit site
Samsung J6 (2018 model running on Android 8.0). The 'Badged Version' error wouldn't allow me to install mobile Iron. I did a factory rest and then during initial set-up of the phone I chose not to install Samsung Secure Folder. After that, I followed normal procedure to register, install and set-up email. Works like breeze now!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888