Can someone please walk me through the steps on getting my new phone on my network?

A

AC Question

Alright, so I just got an HTC Desire Eye, and I'm wanting to use it on the same network as my current phone, Family Mobile. I heard you have to unlock but I'm not sure how to do that and I don't want to spend any money on that. So can someone please carefully walk me through the steps on how to do all of this? It would mean a lot!

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
So.. Basically, you already have a smart phone. Then you purchase another smart phone or devices and want to use it under the same plans you're already on without having to pay for anything more.. I would assume the smarty doesn't have a sim card (Strike 1) Then your smarty prob needs pre-paid time cards (Strike 2) Lastly, have you set up another email just for this home or have you even made it to the account activation screen?.. (Strike 3)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where did you get the Desire Eye from? Was it advertised as unlocked, or is it still attached to a carrier (like AT&T)? If the latter, then check the carrier's unlock policy (search on Google for "[carrier name] unlock policy"). If it's unlocked, then as long as the phone supports T-Mobile's bands, you should be able to just swap the SIM card from your current phone to the Desire Eye. Be aware that the Desire Eye uses a nano-SIM, so if your current phone has a larger size SIM, you'd either have to cut the card down to nano size (there are cutters you can buy for relatively cheap) or get a new nano-SIM from Family Mobile.