Can't connect to online games?

A

AC Question

So I have 2 phones, an Lg Leon and an Lg Stylo. Both phones are connected to the same wifi connection and they both can load youtube videos and surf the web. I can play online games like Soccer Spirits and Walking War Robots (the games I mostly play) on my Lg Leon perfectly. I was able to play those games on my Stylo aswell but for some reason my stylo can't connect to online games anymore. I can watch youtube videos and surf the web but I can't play my favorite online games on it anymore and I miss using the big screen on that phone. I restarted my wifi router but that didn't help. I'm not good at understanding these "technological terms" so yeah....any help us appreciated

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean when you say it can't play the games any more? Do you get an error message? Does the game load to the menu screen, but then freeze or close? Or does it not even load up?

PewDiecry Fan

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Like for example a game called summoners war, when I download the app, it downloads the resource files all good but whenever it's finished and I tap on the screen to play the game it says that I have to connect to the internet to play the game even though I am. I have a really good internet connection

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I think you can factory restore rest and try a again,
I wouldn't jump to this, if your mobile data is working out side of this game, it's an issue with the game, not your phone.
Have you tried other wi-fi networks? What about over mobile data?
Yes, I agree with this. Try a different data resource.

I'd look at recent reviews to see if an update has caused this problem wide spread recently. I'd also try to re-download the app and the additional files needed. A corrupt file could be the case here.

PewDiecry Fan

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
I have two wifi networks and they are both really good and none of those work. I don't have mobile data on my Lg G Stylo, only on my Lg Leon

I already factory reset my phone but it's still the same. My brother has the exact same phone as mine (Lg G Stylo) and the games that don't work on mine work on his and he doesn't have mobile data and is connected to the same wifi as me

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you know if these games are trying to connect via Google Play Games? Go to Settings>Apps, select Google Play Games, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now try playing the game again.

Mohamed MAK

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
I Have a Simular Situation Here , I Have A Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge , A Had A Lot Of Games On It Like Clash Royale, Clash Of Clans, Asphalt 8, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Generations & Duel Links, And a Few Others. Then I Decided To Reset My Phone To The Factory Settings, It's Done And Every Thing Is Beautiful And I Updated The Software Again And Installed All My Apps & Games, But Suddenly Some Games Like Duel Links And Asphalt 8 Didn't Log Into Google Play Games Profile Or Even Connecting To Facebook While Others Do.
I Tried To Delete Cash And Data, Same Problem. Uninstall And Reinstall For Both Games & Google Play Games, Same Issue, Clear Cash Partition From Boot Menu, Use VPN And Fake GPS Location Apps, Change Region And Country, Tried Another Networks Mobile Data And Wifi, Nothing Happens.
Do I Have To Reset My Phone Once Again? Or There's Another Option !!?

Bossdjhey

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
I have the same issue. Can't play mobile legends, rules of survival and other online games on my Samsung S8 even if I'm connected to a stable wifi. These games says failed to connect to a server or requires internet connection, but I can normally browse internet, use facebook and youtube. Please help.

alihassan1129

Oct 16, 2018
Visit site
Same this issue is happening with me. Plz help I purchased a new mobile (OPPO F5) When I play game (Free Fire) 1st time all was okay but after some hours when I tried to play it again I got this problem.... I test Wi-Fi speed on Fast.com it was 6.9mbps..

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante