Is there any way to actually delete the apps that came with my phone to free up space?

DJ Zero

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
My Xperia E3 keeps telling me I have used 100% of my 1.75gb memory, asking me to transfer data to my external (16bg) memory. The problem is that I keep everything on my SD Card anyway, the space is being taken up by the pre-installed apps. I bought the phone 2nd hand about 6 months ago and it was fine till a month ago and this happened. I moved any of the apps I can to my SD Card. I've also Uninstalled Updates, Disabled and Force Stopped any apps I don't use (Xperia Lounge, Amazon Music, Deezer, Cloud Print, Google+ to name a few). This works for a while but then when it tells me i've used 100% of the memory again, I see that a bunch of the apps have re-installed themselves.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You'd have to root the phone to remove bloatware or other preinstalled apps. Check out the forums at XDA-developers.com for root advice, but be careful -- if you do the wrong thing, you can brick the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabruslik