What exactly is Advanced Calling?

A

AC Question

I just got my Note 5 and don'the understand what Adanced
Calling is.

Count Chokula

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Advanced Calling refers to a feature which enhances the sound quality of voice conversations on your phone. With the feature enabled, calls are in "HD" and sound like you're having a conversation with someone in the same room.

This feature is typically dependent on your carrier.

Loc22

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Advanced Calling refers to a feature which enhances the sound quality of voice conversations on your phone. With the feature enabled, calls are in "HD" and sound like you're having a conversation with someone in the same room.

This feature is typically dependent on your carrier.

Ooh so that was why I had a HD symbol before I received a call on my old phone. Does Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge have this feature?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It may be that not all phones will show that a call is in HD. Which carrier do you have, and did you get the phone directly from them, or did you get it unlocked from somewhere else?

Advanced Calling is essentially VoLTE (Voice over LTE), which allows for the higher fidelity call quality, as well as video calling (if your carrier supports it).

Loc22

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It may be that not all phones will show that a call is in HD. Which carrier do you have, and did you get the phone directly from them, or did you get it unlocked from somewhere else?

Advanced Calling is essentially VoLTE (Voice over LTE), which allows for the higher fidelity call quality, as well as video calling (if your carrier supports it).

The HD showed up on my BlackBerry Z10 but it is not showing on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

All phones here are unlocked as it is illegal to sell network locked phones here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty