Why doesn't my phone tell me when phone calls are scams anymore?

A

AC Question

I received a new S7 edge as an insurance replacement a couple weeks ago and there have been 2 things that were missing from the new phone that have really bothered me.

1) My S7 Edge no longer tells me when incoming calls are scam/fraud/telemarketer/etc. On my old phone it would always alert me, yet I haven't had a single alert since I received this new phone. Just the standard missed call icon.

2) I now have to dial my phone number to access voicemail. On my old S7 Edge, a little voicemail app came preloaded, which allowed me to view all my voicemails within the app, play/delete/save voicemails, etc. That app was nowhere to be found on my new S7 Edge, and I have to resort to calling my phone number to access VM, which is what I had to do 10 years ago!

Any help on how to restore these two features would be appreciated...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
2. Calls/voicemail. Enter your voicemail number. (Get it from your carrier if you don't know it - it's not the same as your phone number.

As for 1, with CallerID spoofing being so easy, it's impossible to know whether that scam call "from your doctor" is really from your doctor or it's a scam. (CallerID is the only way the phone can tell - and now it can't. Not just your phone - any phone.)

RyanClifford

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
OK, well up until I got this new phone last week - my S7 edge would always give me a message saying "suspected scam" or "telemarketer" or "fraud" when these phone numbers would call....like multiple times per day. Now I switched to this new S7 Edge I was sent and it is no longer doing that. Does anyone know why?

And to your first point, I think you misunderstood my original post....with my original S7 Edge, there was a preloaded "app" named "Voicemail". I would click on it and it would show me all my voicemails, and I could play/listen by simply tapping on the phone number that left the voicemail. Now that "app" is nowhere to be found and I actually have to dial on my phone to "call" my voicemail. Does anyone know why the "Voicemail" app wouldn't have been preloaded on this phone and how to get it back?

GRIMWALD

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
AT&T pre-loads this App. as Visual Voice Mail in the App. draw as well as providing an icon on the stock phone dialer.
In settings open applications and select application manager to see if it is listed as being on your device.
If not, I believe it is available through the App. store.
As far as accessing your voice mail, At&T comes with the voicemail access, pre-loaded as a speed dial option by long pressing the number 1.
I am sure other carriers have also supplied a similar option, you just need to find out how they implemented this or enter the number yourself in the speed dial list.

GRIM

RyanClifford

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

I have Sprint, not AT&T. My previous S7 Edge came with the visual voicemail app preloaded. When I received this new S7 Edge (as an insurance replacement) - the app was nowhere to be found on the phone and isn't on the Play Store either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty