Any way to get desktop and tablet styled tabs on Android phone browsers?

JacobTheTechie

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I often use both chrome and Firefox, and was wondering if there is some kind of setting to [invert/revert] (whatever) to the style of tabs that the desktop and tablet versions use on a phone with a smaller screen, even if only in landscape mode. It would majorly help my sanity, and I would no longer have to go against my OCD by opening a sperate menu to view what I have opened. Thanks in advance to any great thinkers or programmers who can make this a possibility for me.

Note to get rid of any confusion: I just mean adapting the tablet style of the browser that displays all of your tabs at the top, and getting it to work on a phone.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, the desktop browser is written one way, the phone browser is written another way. About the only way to get desktop-style tabs on a phone browser is to rewrite the browser (from the start - IOW, open a blank file and start writing code).

GRIMWALD

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Tabs are present in both Samsung stock browser and in Chrome, with the split screen ability of the Note series of devices, I can split the screen and work with two different browsers with multiple tabs open. If I want more thane two browsers open I can open them on my home screen and still work with multiple tabs.

GRIM

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-11-03-21-29-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-11-03-21-29-03.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2016-11-03-21-34-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-11-03-21-34-28.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 0