Moto g3 charging issue

A

AC Question

I've bought a moto G3 last year and never got any problem but... Two days ago my phone ran out of battery and when trying to charge it, it was stuck at 0% battery all the time. I searched on Google for a solution and pressing the power button and the vol. down button worked for me, doing this I was able to turn off the phone let him charge for 30 minutes and then turn it on. The problem right now is that the phone takes 16h to charge from 0 to 100% with a 10W 2.1A charger (the one that comes with all the ipads) and it doesn't charge wit a 1A 5V Charger (the one that i've been using since septembre... ) and even more when turned on there is a huge probability that it won't charge unless I turn it off and wait 16 hours to fully charge it.
I'm using the stock cable but I've tried a Samsung one too, I've done a factory reset to see if the problem was due to something I had installed and nothing changed. Btw sometimes when I turn it on, in the status bar, the battery icon says it is charging but it's not true.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Letting the battery run down to 0% all the time will kill it (as in it needs to be replaced) in a few months - lithium batteries are not deep-discharge devices. Never let the battery go below 40%. (You'll probably have to have the battery replaced - then treat it properly.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rezaking886