Hey all,
    I was wondering most Android Tablets and phones (at least he ones I tried) have it so you can swipe at the screen first and it will wake up the device.
    With the new Amazon FireHD (8") that I bought, I noticed that had to press the power button each time to bring up the swipe screen first, then need to swipe screen to really wake it up which seems kinda redundant.
    Would like to kill off the pressing of any buttons to increase device lifetime.
    Can the FireHD be setup so touching the screen or swiping at the screen will wake up the device?

I already got rid of ads, added a custom launcher, and installed Google Play on my FireHD.
    This is the last main thing I'd want to do so it simulates my other Android Tablet.
    Let me know if its possible.

P.S. I tried some apps in the Google Play store but they didnt seem to work
    ('Double Tap to turn on Screen', 'KnockOn - Tap to wake or lock', etc)
    11-28-2016 10:26 PM
    Personally wouldn't advice it. one thing, if it's not built into the device, it's going to eat your battery like crazy.

And it's not most modern devices. None of Samsung's devices do that.

Usually it's a hardware+software setting where the phone is always watching the screen or accelerometer for movement. So if it's not going to be built in, it will not let the CPU idle.
    11-28-2016 11:21 PM
    darn, didnt see an IR but no accelerometer in the Fire HD im guessing?

PS you are right! my Samsung tablet has a large power button on the face of the tablet vs a small one on the side like the FireHD, hence why it just seemed so easy to me i hardly even noticed on the Samsung.
    11-28-2016 11:49 PM