Gooligan Hack?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I was just reading about a huge hack of google id's being used to download apps without users' permission. The hack also allows access to gmail etc. although Google says it has not yet been used this way. CNN and Forbes suggested using a website called checkpoint which has a tool to check if you have been hacked. It occurs to me the check could BE the hack for all I know? Anybody know anything about this? Apparently it uses something called ghostpush to root your phone without your knowledge and completely take it over? It only affects android 5 and below.

zapjb

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Gooligan Checker by Check Point & Google
https://gooligan.checkpoint.com/
So it says, "Enter the email address associated with your Android device below to learn if your account was breached."

So my phone is rooted. Gooligan roots phones. Will this Checker bork or ban me from Google Play Store because the Checker is too stupid to recognize I rooted my phone by choice?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I was just reading about a huge hack of google id's being used to download apps without users' permission. The hack also allows access to gmail etc. although Google says it has not yet been used this way. CNN and Forbes suggested using a website called checkpoint which has a tool to check if you have been hacked. It occurs to me the check could BE the hack for all I know? Anybody know anything about this? Apparently it uses something called ghostpush to root your phone without your knowledge and completely take it over? It only affects android 5 and below.

I've heard about this too! Scary! Hopefully Google releases more information soon.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Gooligan Checker by Check Point & Google
https://gooligan.checkpoint.com/
So it says, "Enter the email address associated with your Android device below to learn if your account was breached."

So my phone is rooted. Gooligan roots phones. Will this Checker bork or ban me from Google Play Store because the Checker is too stupid to recognize I rooted my phone by choice?
I'd wait to hear more if I were you. That's why I started this thread. There might be more at XDA. I haven't checked.

If this is legit why isn't it offered in the playstore itself or just pushed as a security update?