what did I punch on my android that tell me how many feet an resturant is?

A

AC Question

I just hate seeing that black box show up every so often about how my feet or yard we are from a restaurant. it won't name the restaurant. how do I delete this problem. and why do it have to keep displaying who just called you or sent you a message or text? why it show you and go away?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
All this is from your own settings and it can all be turned off... Not sure what device/ software you have there (it's good to put that in the initial question so we can cut to the chase and be more specific in response). Sounds like you have one of the "virtual assistants" enabled that's trying to find you places to eat (restaurant pay to have their establishment pop up like that ), turn off your location setting should kill that irritation.
The other message pop up is set from your notifications or the actual message app.
Open message app but not any specific message, you should see MORE up on top right corner, tap that will give you settings... Notifications... From here you can specify what you want the device to do when you get a message... If you have any problems please join the forums and we'll talk you through it all. The latest software have a bewildering plethora of settings and ppersonalisations...

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Have a look in settings, you may have the user manual in there. Tap that and it should link you to the official manual. Just have a read about the basic operations of your device, or type in any specific query...
Highly recommended..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38