My yahoo email settings does not have an option to "allow apps that use less secure sign-in"

A

AC Question

My yahoo email settings does not have an option to "allow apps that use less secure sign-in"

Need to turn on "allow apps that use less secure sign-in" on my yahoo account. I did it on my daughter's account but my account under account security doed not have this option. Help

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: My yahoo email settings does not have an option to "allow apps that use less secure sign-in"

In the Yahoo account settings, account security tab, the feature you are looking for is "manage app passwords".

sandycow

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
Re: My yahoo email settings does not have an option to "allow apps that use less secure sign-in"

thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I do not have anything under account security tab that says manage app passwords. I thought I had the latest yahoo version but this option is not there. Any other suggestions?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site

Using a web browser, go to Yahoo.com and check your account settings there.

sandycow

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site

tried that already. When I click on account security it only lists change password. Nothing else

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site

In that case, there is something odd going on at the Yahoo side of things.
You will need to contact them for a resolution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty