03-12-2017 02:49 PM
139 1234 ...
tools Reply
    Sticky thread here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=486025
    03-08-2017 01:01 PM
    Trying to delete this message (posted to wrong topic)
    does not give me the option to delete this on edit screen?
    (so typing over original message)
    03-08-2017 01:32 PM
    MotoZ with verizon. same thing - started last night.
    tjmitche1 likes this.
    03-08-2017 01:41 PM
    Samsung S7 on T-Mobile and it just started this morning
    tjmitche1 likes this.
    03-08-2017 01:44 PM
    Today my cell also started the same insane multiple repeating voice to text errors mentioned above. (the sentences start to morph [into different tenses & similar sounding words] as they reach the end of the word-salad stream)

I have tried removing battery, clearing cache of Messaging, Google, S-voice, SwiftKey Keyboard

I use Galaxy S5 (Verizon) Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
    (I use SwiftKey Keyboard, but error also occurs with the default Samsung keyboard)

Noticed was sluggish in responding today and it was spelling out "period" instead of "." for a few days before (mentioning this since I saw another example above of that happening to someone else).
    jenna_brown likes this.
    03-08-2017 01:47 PM
    Started for me a couple of days ago. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on AT&T. Don't recall having an update in a number of weeks. Checking for updates shows the phone is current.
    ----- It appears that as long as there is ONLY ONE valid voice to text option, it is typed correctly. However, if multiple interpretations then it types each one back to back.
    Example: How are you
    Are you all right are you alright
    Trying to get this to work 3 times trying to get this to work three times trying to get this to work 3 X train to get this to work three times train to get this to work 3 times
    03-08-2017 01:48 PM
    Today my cell also started the same insane multiple repeating voice to text errors mentioned above. (the sentences start to morph [into different tenses & similar sounding words] as they reach the end of the word-salad stream)

I have tried removing battery, clearing cache of Messaging, Google, S-voice, SwiftKey Keyboard

I use Galaxy S5 (Verizon) Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
    (I use SwiftKey Keyboard, but error also occurs with the default Samsung keyboard)

Noticed was sluggish in responding today and it was spelling out "period" instead of "." for a few days before (mentioning this since I saw another example above of that happening to someone else).
    03-08-2017 02:08 PM
    Same issue here - Moto X Pure on Verizon. Issue started today.
    03-08-2017 02:44 PM
    Started a couple days ago on Motorola Droid Turbo on Verizon.
    Android update today with no change in the problem.
    None of the "fixes" from older threads on this problem worked!
    03-08-2017 03:31 PM
    ( when I text to type it keeps repeating as well multiple times when I text a type it keeps repeating as well multiple times when I text the type it keeps repeating as well multiple times when I text the type he keeps repeating as well multiple times when I text a type keeps repeating as well multiple times)

Such a pain since I hardly type anymore.

Moto G third gen, updates are auto, running 6.0, Straight Talk,
    03-08-2017 03:34 PM
    I have a Samsung note 5 on T-Mobile service and it just started doing this this morning. I use voice text ALL THE TIME so we really need someone to fix this. It sounds like its a google problem, but I wish they'd get it fixed ASAP. Tried uninstalling latest update, didn't work. (it worked for 1 or 2 messages then started duplicating again). Tried clearing google cache and data, didn't work. Someone please help!
    I took my S7 to local Verizon store, we did the update, cleared cache for Google voice to text. Have uninstalled and reinstalled keyboards and Google voice. Can't find any fix. Seems very sporadic and even fails on outlook mail. Please we need a fix ASAP I use this to dictate long medical records and notes that are to time consuming to type.
    03-08-2017 03:43 PM
    Test tests text cast.......this is what happens when I say the word "test" into the mix on voice to text on Verizon S7 w/ update. Must find solution.
    03-08-2017 03:48 PM
    Galaxy S7 AT&T
    Until this morning my voice texting was working just fine. Now it's doing the exact same thing - multiple duplication of what is spoken with similarly sounding substitutions. It's almost as if it's guessing. I've tried reset, uninstall, and no change. Make it stop. Please.
    gramana likes this.
    03-08-2017 04:02 PM
    Again everyone, this is an ongoing issue with many users experiencing the same thing. You are definitely NOT alone. Please see this thread:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...ing-twice.html
    belodion and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-08-2017 04:05 PM
    I think the problem is that instead of choosing one word when there are several options, the system now gives you all the options at once. So a sentence with "too" also gets written with 2, two, and to. But how do we fix that?
    03-08-2017 05:29 PM
    Ok. So Google should roll back the software update as it is bugged. Simple fix. Will they do it is the question?

Probably not...
    Cherylkfalls likes this.
    03-08-2017 05:39 PM
    Crazy! Just started today for me as well, I looked at some of the other threads and there is no fix at this time right?

Samsung Galaxy 7
    Will_T likes this.
    03-08-2017 05:47 PM
    Mine started today. Samsung 5 note
    Verizon
    03-08-2017 05:58 PM
    I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the servers Google uses to provide the service. It's happening on all Android phones regardless of update. My S7E just updated to Nougat yesterday and my fiancee's HTC M10 is on marshmallow and does the same thing.
    DarilynSue likes this.
    03-08-2017 06:30 PM
    Just noticed my S7E on Verizon doing it today. I updated to Nougat on Monday. I put my iPhone 7 back in a drawer so I can use the Edge. Please don't make me have to go back to it.....please! I don't wanna do it again!😲😁
    03-08-2017 06:43 PM
    Same problem here. It started about 2 hours ago. I have a Note 3. Has anyone found a solution yet? So frustrating!
    03-08-2017 06:57 PM
    I just tested in an email, using the Google voice typing and Swype's Dragon voice recognition, I experienced no duplication of words. I'm on a Nexus 6P running 7.1.1 and the March security patch level.
    03-08-2017 07:12 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S6 activeI am having the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S6 active am having the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S6 active with AT&T will AT&T will the AT&T When AT&T it started today get started today! All voice to text voice to text call voice to text all voice-to-text Help!
    I am using android 6.0.1 with January 1 security patch. No recent update with android. Only automatic Google play updates.
    03-08-2017 07:39 PM
    Samsung Galaxy S6 samsung.galaxy S6 Sprint 6.0.1
    03-08-2017 07:39 PM
    When I use voice typing to text when I used voice typing to text it keeps repeating the sentence it keeps repeating this sentence just like it's doing here just like its doing here
    This is happening to me also since a few days ago on a Samsung Galaxy 5. Also, I've had problems with the phone suddenly going to my password protect page, as if I shut the phone off or it idled too long. The background turns into an odd rainbow background instead of a dark power save mode. The phone at times does not respond to me and will suddenly revert to my pass code page. I have only updated a few apps and the Samsung apps are waiting for an update. I have AT&T.
    03-08-2017 07:53 PM
139 1234 ...