Voice typing keeps repeating sentence

A

AC Question

When I use voice typing to text when I used voice typing to text it keeps repeating the sentence it keeps repeating this sentence just like it's doing here just like its doing here

jennielynn73

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Same problem. Started today - Samsung Galaxy S6, MetroPCS, no update. My husband has had the problem for almost a week - older LG (not sure of the model), no update. Only happens with talk-to-text. It is making me CRAZY!!!

TY cherry

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Happening on my Nexus 6. Started on my Nexus 6 period started a couple.
there was an update but I don't know which one it was. I tried stalling some.oc them but no luck . Keyboard update as well...no luck

Has anyone found a resolution?

janesca54

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Started today on both my and my husbands phones, both Motorola G, both on Consumer Cellular. We get auto updates all the time, so couldn't say if due to update.

Last edited:

Kallaya

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Today my cell also started the same insane multiple repeating voice to text errors mentioned above. (the sentences start to morph [into different tenses & similar sounding words] as they reach the end of the word-salad stream)

I have tried removing battery, clearing cache of Messaging, Google, S-voice, SwiftKey Keyboard

I use Galaxy S5 (Verizon) Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
(I use SwiftKey Keyboard, but error also occurs with the default Samsung keyboard)

Noticed was sluggish in responding today and it was spelling out "period" instead of "." for a few days before (mentioning this since I saw another example above of that happening to someone else).

eagle0315pk

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Started for me a couple of days ago. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on AT&T. Don't recall having an update in a number of weeks. Checking for updates shows the phone is current.
----- It appears that as long as there is ONLY ONE valid voice to text option, it is typed correctly. However, if multiple interpretations then it types each one back to back.
Example: How are you
Are you all right are you alright
Trying to get this to work 3 times trying to get this to work three times trying to get this to work 3 X train to get this to work three times train to get this to work 3 times

Jimmy Smith6

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
( when I text to type it keeps repeating as well multiple times when I text a type it keeps repeating as well multiple times when I text the type it keeps repeating as well multiple times when I text the type he keeps repeating as well multiple times when I text a type keeps repeating as well multiple times)

Such a pain since I hardly type anymore.

Moto G third gen, updates are auto, running 6.0, Straight Talk,

Pricehuff

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I have a Samsung note 5 on T-Mobile service and it just started doing this this morning. I use voice text ALL THE TIME so we really need someone to fix this. It sounds like its a google problem, but I wish they'd get it fixed ASAP. Tried uninstalling latest update, didn't work. (it worked for 1 or 2 messages then started duplicating again). Tried clearing google cache and data, didn't work. Someone please help!

I took my S7 to local Verizon store, we did the update, cleared cache for Google voice to text. Have uninstalled and reinstalled keyboards and Google voice. Can't find any fix. Seems very sporadic and even fails on outlook mail. Please we need a fix ASAP I use this to dictate long medical records and notes that are to time consuming to type.

Annie Earl

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Galaxy S7 AT&T
Until this morning my voice texting was working just fine. Now it's doing the exact same thing - multiple duplication of what is spoken with similarly sounding substitutions. It's almost as if it's guessing. I've tried reset, uninstall, and no change. Make it stop. Please.

gramana

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I think the problem is that instead of choosing one word when there are several options, the system now gives you all the options at once. So a sentence with "too" also gets written with 2, two, and to. But how do we fix that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non