Inaccurate voice typing with the pixel 8 pro

Iniquisitech

Jan 14, 2024
Visit site
Recently out of the blue, and it's never happened before, while using voice to text, while messaging someone, I dictated the words, "the day", And Google voice typing or messenger interpreted it, and typed it out as "Sutter" (Strangely, my medical facility)

I have also tested this using gmail, texting with different messengers, and in different forums, with the same results, So I am fairly convinced that the culprit is Google voice typing.
Also noteworthy, is the fact that if I add punctuation using voice typing, after saying " The day." Likes peaking out period or a comma, It will accurately type what I have spoken, and won't interpret "The day" as "Sutter" and It only happens when I don't punctuate it.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks!

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Recently out of the blue, and it's never happened before, while using voice to text, while messaging someone, I dictated the words, "the day", And Google voice typing or messenger interpreted it, and typed it out as "Sutter" (Strangely, my medical facility)

I have also tested this using gmail, texting with different messengers, and in different forums, with the same results, So I am fairly convinced that the culprit is Google voice typing.
Also noteworthy, is the fact that if I add punctuation using voice typing, after saying " The day." Likes peaking out period or a comma, It will accurately type what I have spoken, and won't interpret "The day" as "Sutter" and It only happens when I don't punctuate it.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks!
What's your accent?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You check in settings if Gboard under voice typing if these are toggle on?
ac60bf0bf5a80b8c2e1ca95789584e72.jpg

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
My voice typing has been annoyingly inaccurate recently over the past maybe month or two. I have all those things checked, including the assistant voice typing. What does that do that might make it more inaccurate? I have no accent, FYI.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
My voice typing has been annoyingly inaccurate recently over the past maybe month or two. I have all those things checked, including the assistant voice typing. What does that do that might make it more inaccurate? I have no accent, FYI.
Yeah you do, everyone has an accent.

Pretty sure Assistant voice typing adds punctuation automatically.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah you do, everyone has an accent.

Pretty sure Assistant voice typing adds punctuation automatically.
Ok. Let me try again... I speak normal American midwestern English with no foreign accent, deep southern accent, deep New Yawk or Bawston accents. No accents that might confuse the phone. :rolleyes:

You can toggle auto punctuation on and off as shown in the pic above.