My galaxy s5 shows 10G of used space for applications. Application breakdown adds up to only 2G .

A

AC Question

My phone shows I'm using 10G of application storage, but all of my app storage added together comes to about 2G. (by going into storage -device memory- used space - applications (shows 10G) - application list (running - all - disabled). No apps in any list or even added up in all 3 total 10G. Android Dialer storage is the largest, using 1.04G. Everything else is using a few MB. I can't download other apps because the system thinks I have this mysterious other 8G in apps being used somewhere. I constantly have to clear out even the smallest files to keep operating. Any thoughts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I suspect the Applications storage figure is including preinstalled bloatware apps, and probably also the OS. Notice that it's actually higher than the "Used Space" figure. Since the total amount of storage the OS and bloatware typically take up on a Samsung device is close to 8 GB, the numbers probably add up -- just not in a clearly presented way.