android browser on phone has often been unresponsive or makes incorrect choices

kittenknittin

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
I have an ancient LG Optimus G phone (slightly over 4 years old). When I first got it, I noticed I could press a button toward the top of the screen in the android browser (this doesn't happen with included chrome browser) and the wrong button would be selected, often one not even ON the screen, but only visible after scrolling down. I asked about this at the store where I bought the phone, but they could find nothing about this problem.

The problem hasn't gone away in over 4 years.

Another issue that seems to be related is the screen of the android browser is often unresponsive. This is why I had to register an entirely new account to post here today, because I couldn't bring up the keyboard in the android browser to type the subject or details! No matter how many times I tried to tap on the input fields, it was like I wasn't trying to do anything. Chrome again works fine.

I know, the best solution would be a new phone, but I just can't do that atm.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you already tried going to Settings>Apps, selecting the browser, and clearing Cache/Data? Be aware that clearing the data will probably erase any saved bookmarks, so back them up or write them down somewhere to re-enter later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38