Android Phone extremely slow on just work wifi. All others works well.

A

AC Question

I have a Galaxy Note 5. OS Version 6.0.1

It is extremely slow browsing the internet, loading apps etc when on my work wifi only. Everywhere else is fast. I have tried resetting router at work and assigning myself a static IP. Soeedtest.net shows 30mb down.

Help!

dmorenus1

Mar 17, 2017
Visit site
I unfortunately do not. Everyone else has Apple.

It is a bar though with a lot of people using the wifi. If I had to guess I would of heard complaints of slow wifi by now if it was effecting others.

It has been effecting me for about a month now.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Try setting up a guest network on your work router using just simple default settings so your phone is using a completely different SSID and password. Also, if there's an IPv6 option try disabling it.
If your Note has better connectivity using this guest network, compare what settings are different between your regular and guest networks.

Assuming you've already tried just forgetting and re-adding the SSID on your Note? If any changes to the WiFi network and/or router itself have been made lately, the config settings stored in your phone for your work WiFi just need to be redone. I know you mentioned WiFi is working OK elsewhere so this problem probably isn't a phone issue but you might want to try booting it up into it Recovery Mode and wiping the system cache partition, if anything it's a non-destructive way to eliminate the possibility of there being some random, lower level (operating system) glitch tied to your Note's networking and that particular WiFi network.