Samsung S7 keeps restarting

JD 96

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
My S7 is still running Marshmallow.
The problem is, the phone keeps restarting on its own from time to time. It happened an hour ago. I'm sitting on my desk, my phone is next to me, and I suddenly notice the it's restarting and the Samsung logo came up. No restart hours are set. So, why is this happening?
- Phone is not broken and has never fallen.
- Also, has never been under water.
- The battery is at 77% (at the moment); not charging.

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If the restarting is that infrequent, it may not be due to third-party app trouble, and even if it were, using Safe Mode diagnostically would as you say hardly be practical. It could also be due to a bad battery, bad battery contact, bad SD card, faulty power switch, or software bug, and there may be other possibilities.

JD 96

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
If the restarting is that infrequent, it may not be due to third-party app trouble, and even if it were, using Safe Mode diagnostically would as you say hardly be practical. It could also be due to a bad battery, bad battery contact, bad SD card, faulty power switch, or software bug, and there may be other possibilities.

Is there any way I can eliminate some of the possible problems without entering safe mode?

JD 96

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Unless I've misunderstood you, it's not necessary to use Safe Mode when testing those other possible causes of trouble.

I don't use sd card, if it is a software bug it wasn't fix with the update (not talking about nougat), I can't check the battery contact.. but you said there are many other possibilities for the problem. Anyway thanks a lot :)