FB app shutting down my HTC one

A

AC Question

Every time I try to get FB on my phone it shuts down and restarts. It will do it 3 times in a row. What should I do? really ticking me off!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which HTC One? There are many different variants. Are you saying that every time you try to open the Facebook app, the phone shuts down? Or does this happen when you try to install it? Are you installing it from the Google Play Store?

Shellilynne

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
I thought it was just an HTC one??? sorry. The app has been installed since 2012. I recently did an update, and now when I try to open it my phone shuts down and then restarts. It is Google Play Store

Last edited:

jeffhaskins

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I thought it was just an HTC one??? sorry. The app has been installed since 2012. I recently did an update, and now when I try to open it my phone shuts down and then restarts. It is Google Play Story

I made the mistake of updating too...new version doesn't make me reboot but it is so laggy that I reboot it myself. Lol. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
@Shellilynne, HTC's naming conventions have been very confusing for a while. Here is an incomplete list of the HTC One models I can remember off the top of my head:

HTC One M9
HTC One M8
HTC One M7
HTC One Mini
HTC One Mini 2 (whoever came up with this name should be slapped upside the head :p)
HTC One S
HTC One V
HTC One SV
HTC One X

Pretty ridiculous, eh?:confused:

Go to Settings>About Phone>Model Name/Number and tell us what you see there. I'm going to suggest wiping the cache partition (which doesn't erase any personal data), but it might be important to know which model you have first.

When you say it did an update, do you mean the phone got a system update, or the Facebook app got updated?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non