How do I save photos sent to me on Google Hangouts?

A

AC Question

I try to save my received photos on Google Hangouts when the picture is enlarged,but it seems I can't save the photos to my phone. How would I save pictures sent to me on Google Hangouts?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
What device do you have and what gallery app are you using? Can't you find those images if you open your download manager? Do you get a notification after trying to save the picture from Hangouts?

petryss

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
I have an Android S6 Active. I could not find them in ant fplder on my camera but went into Hangouts on desktop and was able tp save them but now I can't figure out how to delete them in the phone or desktop

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In Hangouts on my Pixel XL, if you long press the image within the conversation thread, you'll see a menu that includes the "Save Media" option -- tap that. If you tap the image to make it fullscreen first, tap again to get the menu button at the upper right, then tap Save.

As mentioned by Javier P, the images will be saved to the Download directory. Open your Downloads app, and you should see it there. Or open My Files and look in the /Download directory.

petryss

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
I got it. I tapped full sgreen, went to menu bar, saved and it was in my Downloads file. I then moved it the the album I wanted it in. Now, How can I delete the pic in the original ,message?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you asking how to delete the image as it appears in the Hangouts conversation thread? You can't get rid of it there -- it's part of the thread.