I think my S5 may be on its way out but does not hurt to ask lol

A

AC Question

My S5 is beginning to break down, it started with the phone restarting randomly , even in the middle of a call. So I did a factory reset hoping that it may be some software issue. Now it still reboots randomly but now the s health is not working and neither is the gyroscope. The phone does not do auto rotate anymore..it will rotate watching YouTube but nothing else.
One final big thing is that when I try to update my Operating System it downloads the update and then reboots to install, it gets to 25% and just reboots saying update failure.
Am ready to toss it lol

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
My S5 is beginning to break down, it started with the phone restarting randomly , even in the middle of a call. So I did a factory reset hoping that it may be some software issue. Now it still reboots randomly but now the s health is not working and neither is the gyroscope. The phone does not do auto rotate anymore..it will rotate watching YouTube but nothing else.
One final big thing is that when I try to update my Operating System it downloads the update and then reboots to install, it gets to 25% and just reboots saying update failure.
Am ready to toss it lol

May I ask what Android version the S5 is running? Have you dropped the device at all? Exposed it to water without the back and flap sealed? Has the phone gotten extremely hot? (Can cause hardware to malfunction/break & battery to degrade quicker.) How long have you had the device? It may be possible to fix the device if it was updated & factory reset once again. Sometimes the OS can become corrupt causing all sorts of errors. I've had it happen on 2 Samsung phones before.

You can also use *#0*# and a hidden menu will appear. Click sensors. Scroll until you find Gyroscope & run the self test. If it passes your Gyroscope works, if it doesn't then it's busted.
-
If you have a PC you can use Samsung Smart Switch to update the device I believe. I'll check the supported devices to make sure.
-
*Update* Your device is supported for updating through Samsung Smart Switch on PC.

Last edited: