A few months ago, I started noticing a string of seamingly unrelated errors with my HTC One M9 that I just seem unable to fix.

A few of the symptoms:
    - My work calendar (Google GSuite account) doesn't want to sync
    - Dropbox doesn't want to offline sync files
    - When uploading a photo to Slack, I get the error that the upload didn't succeed ('likely because we were not able to open [the file].')
    - Whatsapp sync would not run unless I had the app running in the foreground
    - Google Photos would not sync unless I had the app running in the foreground
    - Google Play would not download updates unless I had the app running in the foreground

Since all these issues seemed to involve syncing with external services, I tried resetting some application settings that would inhibit background syncing and tried resetting my data and accounts for apps such as calendar, etc. but nothing seemed to work.

I felt like doing something drastic, so a few days ago, I completed reset my phone to factory settings, manually re-downloading only the most crucial apps and it seemed to work fine for a few days, but then, the problem resurfaced and now I'm looking for ways to determine the root cause.

Any ideas?
    04-19-2017 08:33 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data?

Just to be sure -- the Restrict Background Data setting is turned off in Settings>Data Usage​, right?
    04-19-2017 12:58 PM