Find phone number with google

A

AC Question

First things first, english is not my first lenguage, sorry in advance:
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but i really need an answer.
My phone got stolen, but i still have it on my google device manager.
I can see where it is, but obviously it's not an accurate way to find it. I noticed that in my google device manager the sim in the phone got replaced, so i can see wich provider the "new owner" has. I want to go to the police to start a complaint, but i need a phone number to do so. Is there a way to obtain it? Please, i really need it.

bmhillegass87

Q&A Team
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

No need to apologize, I understood your message very clearly!

My first question would be, did you have a passcode or fingerprint assigned to the phone? I ask because it appears like the new user is actively using the phone. Have you used the lock and wipe feature on Android Device Manager? You can actually lock the device with a new passcode and send a message to the person who has the device. The annoying part is if you had a pincode on there already and try to assign a new one the old code will continue to work. However, you can still get the message out you are aware the device has been taken to them. When you are in Android Device Manager click "lock and erase" and then "lock." If you have any sensitive material on the device you can also wipe it from here. But, if they have already wiped the phone and your Google account, this won't help much.

My other piece of advice would revolve around who your cellphone service provider is. For example, I can log into my Verizon account and see the IMEI/MEID of my devices. I would simply call Verizon with this information and let them know the device has been stolen. They can track the phone based on this device information, and know the proper steps to take in a situation like this.

Hoping the best for you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech