Phone screen is broke and computer won't recognize

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy S6, My phone/screen is broke. The phone is on, my computer recognizes it and it pops up in my files, however, it says the files are empty and does not have anything on the phone that normally would be. I have logged into my samsung find my mobile account and it gives me the option to unlock my phone(i think that's what its for?) since I have a password. I don't believe this is the problem, but the fact that the computer wont recognize as a MTP? as far as I know the only way to fix this is to change some settings in my phone or choose what I would like to do with the files, through my phone. Obviously my phone is broke so there is nothing I can go into the phone itself to do.

So without taking out the hard drive and putting it in another new phone I would need to purchase, what else can i try?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You wouldn't have to go as far as transferring the motherboard. Replacing the screen would be the main repair (which would be less expensive than transferring the motherboard, but still not cheap).

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there's any way of turning on MTP without seeing the screen. If you plugged in a USB mouse via OTG cable in order to try swiping down the notification panel to get to the MTP setting, you wouldn't be able to keep it plugged into the computer via USB.