Hi,
    is there a way i can disable messaging going to last conversation?
    I want it to just show conversations list, and not opening the message of the last person i 've been messaging.
    05-09-2017 09:31 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone, and which messaging app?
    05-09-2017 10:34 AM
    Thanks
    Samsung J3
    I guess it's the default android app.
    05-09-2017 02:43 PM
    If you open the Messaging app and go to its settings, are there any options there to choose what it does when you open it? Also, how are you opening the Messaging app -- by tapping the shortcut on the homescreen, or by tapping a notification in the notification panel or lockscreen?

Thanks for registering -- when you get a chance, head over to the Introductions forum and tell us something about yourself! Introductions
    05-09-2017 04:21 PM
    That's the first thing i did, but there's no option for that in the settings.
    I m opening the app by tapping the shortcut.
    Seems like a pretty basic and necessary option to have, app jumping to last conversation is quite annoying.
    05-09-2017 08:18 PM
    Does it make any difference if you exit the messaging app with the back button instead of home?
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-09-2017 08:47 PM
    Well, yes, if i exit the app with the back button tapping it twice, next time i reopen it will go to the conversation list.
    I guess i have to get used to tap back button twice, instead of home button.
    05-10-2017 06:22 AM
    Good call by @Javier P! That makes sense -- exiting an app by tapping the Home button will pause that app in the background in the state it was when you left it. As long as the system doesn't have to close the app out of RAM (i.e., if you open some big app and the system decides to close Messaging to free up RAM), then the next time you open it, it will be how you left it.
    Javier P and ManiacJoe like this.
    05-10-2017 10:28 AM
    Good call by @Javier P! That makes sense -- exiting an app by tapping the Home button will pause that app in the background in the state it was when you left it. As long as the system doesn't have to close the app out of RAM (i.e., if you open some big app and the system decides to close Messaging to free up RAM), then the next time you open it, it will be how you left it.
    Yeah, that's exactly how Android works and I'm afraid there's no much you can do to change that behaviour. This a great article about android and multitasking.

https://android-developers.googleblo...d-way.html?m=1
    B. Diddy and ManiacJoe like this.
    05-10-2017 10:34 AM
    Yup, i m aware that it stays in the RAM and enables you to get back fast to previous apps you used, which is mostly a positive thing. I would just like to have an option to disable it for messaging.
    Thanks for the help
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-10-2017 12:56 PM