My phone has a virus pls help

A

AC Question

I have a micromax doodle 3 with android KitKat installed. Today I ran through my app drawer and found a app newly installed automatically. When I clicked it sent some messages without my notice and charged some money. I scanned it using zemana antivirus app but it removed that virus saying that it was a malware. I checked whether there is an another virus and found one named configUpdater which was hiding as a system app. I checked its permission and it was saying that it can download any app newly without my notice. Please help me with this one.

bmhillegass87

Q&A Team
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

Oh no! Sorry to hear you are having an issue! You should be able to disable that configUpdater right from the application manager (it may not let you uninstall). I also placed a link down below for a package disabler that might work (it is paid so be sure you want to head down this path). For example, Verizon installs DT Ignite on most VZW branded phones which allows them to push app downloads without permission. However, I am still able to disable.

I'd recommend scanning with Malwarebytes instead (link below). This is one we use in the IT field a lot, and I do like the mobile version as well. Additionally, you may want to consider a factory reset after you back up your data. Dealing with viruses is a pain, and sometimes easier/safer to start fresh.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...olice.packagedisablerpro&hl=en&token=EyBjNMrI

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...malwarebytes.antimalware&hl=en&token=UxLnsBRu

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Keep in mind that when you install an antivirus and/or anti-malware app, you're installing it as a typical user. It has the capability to clean up your files and things, anything installed in /data, the partition where all your data resides. But a system app is sitting in a protected system partition, areas in your phone's internal storage that you, and user-installed apps, only have limited, restricted access to. So your AV utility can only do so much, exploits that install themselves as system apps are much harder to remove. One option is to root your device and just manually delete your problem. But rooting does involve a lot of other issues and it's something you should really want to do, it's not a end-all, cure-all solution. A more likely solution is to re-flash the stock ROM. Flashing a ROM is essentially the same as doing an operating system re-install on a computer. This site has basic info on the flashing process for your phone:
https://www.skyneel.com/new-update-stock-rom-v3-of-micromax-canvas-doodle-3-a102

madhan murali

May 11, 2017
Visit site
Sorry I am new to this forum, so I forgot to login when I posted this question. Thank you for those replies. What is the best way to root a phone? Please don't mention any rooting apps which can bring more malwares. I am fighting with this malware for years trying to remove it. But whenever I remove one another one comes again! So please help me with this one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87