Hello,

Something has happened to me that has freaked me out. About a month ago, I picked my cell from my pocket and it was unlocked, PLUS my whatsapp conversation with my younger sister was opened PLUS her whatsapp profile photo was maximized. Something I definitely didn't do.

As soon as I got home, I hard resetted the phone thinking I got rid of the problem that way. But then some days ago, my phone was over my desk, I went to use it and it was unlocked and AGAIN my whatsapp conversation with my sister was open.

I installed Malware Bytes and Kaspersky. None of them detected anything strange. I flashed TWRP into recovery, and from there I wiped System and flashed a new ROM into the phone. Also I'm using NoRoot firewall to restrict network access, but planning to root the phone and start using AFWall+ so I can have real control over what my phone is doing in term of network communication.

I'm really worried about this, given the "creepy" nature of the hack. Is there any chance that this ISN'T caused by someone remotely accessing my device? What else can I do to prevent this from happening?

Thanks in advance
    05-10-2017 07:22 PM