Hello All,

I have an old Samsung phone running Android 2.1 which I primarily use as a player when I am working out or hiking. Before you say anything, I already have a newer mobile device, but prefer the old phone for the purpose: it is cheap, small and lite and the idea of it being tossed around in my pocket while I am jugging does not give me a heart attack.

Youtube app that came with the phone stopped working years ago, so I was using browser with m.youtube.com to watch youtube videos. It had a lipsync issue, but other than that worked abousultely fine. However, as of this week m.youtube.com stopped working and my browser just shows a blank page.

What I tried so far:
    1) Installing a different browser (Dolphin) from apk archives. It shows the same blank page.
    2) Installing a port of youtube app from Fryo to Eclair I found on xda-developers.com. It did not work either giving me an error on startup.

I might try updating the firmware, but I doubt my phone will be able to run the latest Android.

If anyone can offer a solution, it will be very much appreciated.

Thanks
    05-12-2017 12:34 PM
    i am watching youtube on android 2.1 by typing insta7.com and selectiing youtube then searching on it and watching
    belodion likes this.
    06-22-2017 05:05 AM