It doesn't even happen when it's sitting idle...I can be browsing through a page and it will just go black and then go to the "log-in" type screen. I've already made sure my idle time setting it long enough and then I also saw a setting (don't remember the name) where the tablet sees you I guess and it knows you're using it so I won't shut down. I believe that is set correctly as well.

Just thought I'd ask here before I return it as faulty.

Thanks
    05-15-2017 08:47 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Could it be that the Power button is being inadvertently pressed? Do you have a case on the tablet that might be exerting pressure on the Power button?
    05-15-2017 10:13 AM
    No...it is in a case but the problem as occurred when button is no where near my hand or anything that could touch it.
    05-15-2017 01:23 PM
    Right, but if the case doesn't fit well, then it might exert pressure on the button if you're holding it in a certain way.

Another issue with a case is that if it has a flipcover that activates the tablet's smartcover sensor (i.e., it causes the screen to go to sleep when you close the lid), then it could also be inadvertently doing this when you fold the cover behind the tablet while using it. This can happen with 3rd party cases that have a magnet in the cover that is too strong.

The easiest way to exclude the case as the culprit is to try using the tablet out of the case for a while.
    05-15-2017 09:44 PM