I have a Samsung Galaxy S6, and for some reason when the battery died I plugged it in and it went to the logo screen, shut off, went to logo screen shut off etc. This device has never been rooted or anything custom anything.

This is what I tried so far, and the results:

1. In an attempt to fix it this problem I tried to go to recovery mode, (Up Volume, Home, Power) and it did not work.

2. I used Smart Switch Emergency software to try and fix this problem. It failed and then I had the blue screen asking me to use emergency software recovery.....

3. I then downloaded the newest version of ODIN and my stock firmware from samsmobile and flashed the software onto the device.

This did not work either. Brought me back to the logo screen... but just stayed on the logo screen and would not go any further. Up Volume, Power and Home still does not work, so I cannot wipe the data.

4. I tried flashing a customer recovery to the device to maybe wipe it that way with the custom recovery. This did not work either. Still stuck on the logo screen.

My phone does not have warranty anymore and we have no repair centers around where I live.

I don't understand how this happened, and why I can't fix it. I am a tech-savvy person when it comes to computers and this is stumping me.... Please help !!

My phone model number is: SM-G920W8 with Rogers.
    06-06-2017 01:21 PM
    Could it simply be that the battery needs replacing? Does it do those things you mentioned on battery, or when plugged in to charge?
    06-06-2017 01:52 PM