How do I disable the stock Samsung Calendar on my S8+ running Android Nougat 7.0?

A

AC Question

I want to disable the Samsung Calendar app on my Galaxy S8+. I have found some older threads about prior Android and going into "apps" and then into the Samsung Calendar app and opening the "Menu" and making changes there. Well in the Nougat 7.0 OS there is no "Menu". Does anyone have any suggestions?

I just want the Google Calendar app to be my default, which it is, but I get notifications from both of them.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Application Manager, then look for the Samsung Calendar there. Tap it, then tap Disable (if possible -- some preinstalled apps don't allow you to disable them).

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Along with what @B. Diddy said, you can't disable it but you can turn off notifications associated with it. I use a combination of Google Calendar and a Pro version of a 3rd party scheduler, and see nothing from the Samsung calendar. If you go to a disabler app than you can disable it, but those are not free. I also have the S8+ and know the settings are there.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy