How to recover files from J3 with broken screen, no USB debugging, no Find My Mobile?

A

AC Question

I pulled my phone out of my pocket one day at work and the screen was black. No visible damage, but the phone was still functional as I received a phone call on it (digitize must be shot as well because I could not pick up the call). My phone is out of warranty, it was never registered with Find My Mobile (because of my provider), and USB debugging was never turned on.

I have tried Kies, but I cannot unlock the lock screen (and it doesn't work when in recovery mode).
I have tried using a USB mouse to unlock it, but they do not communicate with the phone.
I have tried Smart Switch, but I cannot unlock the phone nor tell it to 'transfer' to my new phone.
I have tried DroidScreen, but without USB debugging it will not register.
I have tried various combinations of Android Studios/SDK in recovery mode, but still they will not identify the phone.
I have tried downloading the USB drivers for my phone model, but it still thinks it's an MP3 player.
My phone model is not on FoneLab and I fear accidentally bricking my phone.
MyPhoneExplorer did not work either.

Do I just need to bite the bullet and replace the screen/digitizer, or is there something else out there.