Why are some contacts blue in the Message+ app?

A

AC Question

I have the S6 and when I go to compose a message in the message+ app, my recent contacts shop up. But some of the contacts are in blue writing instead of black/gray.

Also, if I click on the contact name once I am in the message with them there is a message bubble and a phone, giving me the option to text/call. For some contacts, the message bubble is blue.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Just a guess: If the "message+" app is the messaging app from your carrier, the blue marking is probably an indication that these contacts are with the same carrier which allows the app to use extra features like showing you when they are online or showing them as "typing" during a conversation.

Catie Walton

Jan 16, 2022
Visit site
From what I have found on Google that it's because whoever has a blue dot on there picture when you go into your messages are using their Google account and/or using there messaging apps also... So basically it tells you when your contacts that have Samsung phone when they are using there phone....

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
From what I have found on Google that it's because whoever has a blue dot on there picture when you go into your messages are using their Google account and/or using there messaging apps also... So basically it tells you when your contacts that have Samsung phone when they are using there phone....
Welcome to AC!
Blue dot in messa indicates you have a new unread message Screenshot_20220116-095647_Messages.jpg