Can I fix my phone after installing third party software?

A

AC Question

So I got a Samsung Galaxy 6 off of craigslist two days ago. My husband was really excited about me being able to play Pokemon Go with him so I downloaded the app, and the app said that my device wasn't compatible with Pokemon Go. After looking up some of the reasons why I saw that if your device is "rooted" (which was a new term for me) Pokemon won't work, which seemed likely since I had a Galaxy 6 before and the game worked just fine. So I downloaded an app that could check if your device was rooted or not, and it said that my phone was rooted. So after more googling it seemed like an easy fix, just download an app called SuperSU and go to the settings down to the link that says Full Unroot and it should take a few minutes. So that's what I did, and it turned out to be a huge mistake. After I pressed the full unroot, it said it could take a few minutes if my device wasn't compatible or something, then my phone turned off and looked like it was restarting, and it got stuck at the Samsung logo screen and can't get past it ever since. I did the bottom volume button + power button like a million times, I live chatted with customer support on the Samsung website and they talked me though rebooting it and factory resetting it and that didn't work. So they referred me to the customer service line and I called, they said since I tried the factory reset my only option was to go to Best Buy and have the Samsung guy flush the software. I went to Best Buy and the worker said he couldn't find my phone's model number in their firmware so I needed to go home and call Samsung again. I called them and they said now I need to send it off and pay $70 for them to fix it, but I need a phone now and I'm not sure how long they would have it for. Also, I'm trying to fix it without my husband finding out I messed it up at all, because this is like my 5th phone in the last couple years between losing my phone, getting one wet, dropping one and cracking the screen, etc, and he will be so mad and I will look so dumb if he finds out I messed this one up in less than 24 hours after getting it. So is there ANY way I could fix this quick-ish and without messing up the phone more???? I googled if other people have had similar problems with the app SuperSU and I haven't come across anything. If I need to send it off to get fixed I will but I want to exhaust every other option before it comes to that. Please SOS

jeffhaskins

May 2, 2016
Visit site
You should be able to get into download mode with vol-, home (if it has one), and power. Then in download mode you can use Odin3 to flash the official firmware. The firmware can be found at www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

Also, you may have to download and install Samsung Universal USB Drivers. Make sure you get the correct firmware! (There are like 15 variants of S6 and S6 Edge)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syandroid